“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
Power, People, Democracy lifts the lid on democracy and renewable energy by bringing together some of Australia’s most prominent critical thinkers and government representatives who are working in the field of sustainability and renewable energy.
We invite policy-makers, democratic institutions, the private sector and citizen advocates for community-based energy to join us to investigate practical ways that democratic processes and partnerships can be used to implement renewable energy solutions for Australia.
If you believe that it is time for Australia to become a renewable energy leader: please join us for this free public talk and workshop event.
When: Saturday 27th September 2014
Public Talk: 1pm to 3pm
Workshop: 3.15pm to 5.00pm
- Councillor Kemmis, Deputy Lord Mayor for the City of Sydney
- Jamie Parker MP is the state Member for the electorate of Balmain
- Simon Brooker, Executive Director of Corporate and Project Finance, Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC)
- Jarra Hicks, Director, Community Power Agency
- Giles Parkinson, Founder and Editor of Reneweconomy
- Matt Grudnoff, Senior Economist, The Australia Institute